SLC ATV Injuries: Basics, Stats and Symptoms

While the most common form of vehicle accident occurs in passenger vehicles driving on the road, this is far from the only type that may take place. There are several other forms of vehicle accident that may lead to significant injury and require treatment, and one example of a less-talked-about instance here is in the realm of off-roading: An ATV or UTV accident.

At Apollo Chiropractic, we’re proud to offer Salt Lake City’s best auto accident and whiplash treatment services — and our programs are available to anyone who has been in any kind of vehicle accident, no matter the vehicle or road type involved. In this two-part blog series, we’ll go over the realm of ATV accidents and their impact, from some general statistics on their prevalence to their symptoms — and in part two of our series, how our chiropractic services benefit those who have been in such an accident. Let’s get started!

AV injuries stats symptoms

Basics and Stats on ATV Accidents

First and foremost, it’s important to realize that ATV usage has expanded significantly in the last couple decades — and not just for entertainment purposes. From construction and snow-plowing uses to themes like emergency response, border patrol and military uses, there are all sorts of applications for these all-terrain vehicles. And as their usage has increased, so too has the frequency of ATV accidents and injuries.

The age range at the highest risk of ATV accidents is men aged 18-30, though these are not the only people who can be impacted. Around 80% of all ATV injuries impact the driver of the ATV, but the other 20% impact the passenger. As you may have guessed, the most frequent type of injury from ATV accidents comes from flipping or rolling of the vehicle, which risks either throwing the occupants or pinning them underneath the heavy vehicle.

Common Injuries and Symptoms of ATV Accidents

There are a wide range of symptoms and injuries that can come from an ATV accident. The most common ones we see at Apollo Chiropractic include:

  • Neck pain and stiffness
  • Whiplash
  • Shoulder pain
  • Low back pain
  • Headaches
  • Numbness or tingling in the extremities

These are all very common symptoms following any kind of ATV accident, and they don’t even comprise the entire list. In many cases, issues like concussions, neurologic injuries, and even traumatic brain injuries can occur.

If you or a loved one have been in an ATV accident, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible — even if you don’t think you were injured. These types of accidents often lead to serious injuries, some of which may not present symptoms immediately. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, after all.

In part two of our series, we’ll go over some specific ways our chiropractic treatments benefit those who have been injured in any ATV accident. For more on this, or to learn about any of our chiropractic care services in SLC or nearby areas, speak to the team at Apollo Chiropractic today.