Massage therapy is an essential part of healing and wellness. Our Massage therapists are the absolute best in the industry and have extensive years of clinical and professional experience. We set the standard of care in Massage therapy here in Salt Lake City, Utah. We offer 30, 60, and 90 minute massage sessions. Massage is a crucial part of treatment in injury recovery, but is also important for general health and wellness. We utilize Massage Therapy as part of our healing protocol in a multitude of injuries, conditions, syndromes, and disorders.
Why Get Chiropractic Care and Massage Therapy in Salt Lake City?
Massage can be a complementary treatment for chiropractic care, as it helps relieve pain, tightness, and soreness in your muscles. This makes chiropractic application easier and more effective because it allows your treatment provider to adjust your body as needed. This also provides many benefits that stand-alone treatments may not be able to achieve:
- Relief for soft tissue – Pressure helps relieve tight or overstretched soft tissues and ligaments,prolonging healing and discomfort.
- Enhanced mobility and range of motion – Structural problems or injuries that limit your mobility or range of motion may be addressed with the help of massage therapy in Salt Lake City.
- Better blood circulation – Massage, together with chiropractic care, enhances blood circulation in congested areas and relieves pressure on nerves due to musculoskeletal misalignment.
- Immediate healing – We recommend massage therapy in Salt Lake City as a preparatory procedure for chiropractic adjustments. As massage warms up the soft tissues and muscles, it becomes easier to realign the joints. This can help speed up your recovery and make you feel more relaxed before, during, and after an adjustment.
Types of Massage Available
Our massage therapists in Salt Lake City offer a variety use the latest treatments and techniques to target and relieve pain. The most common ones we use include:
- Trigger point – targets “trigger points”, or areas within your muscle tissue that can lead to pain in other parts of your body with a goal to relieve the source of pain. It’s effective at decreasing pain immediately, and managing chronic pain over time.
- Deep tissue – slow, deliberate movements with deep pressure to target chronic muscle tension. This can be uncomfortable for some people, so discuss the right level of pressure with your therapist.
- Swedish – more traditional massage, designed to help you relax with long, gliding strokes that return blood flow to the heart, increase oxygen levels in the blood to flush out toxins, and improve circulation.
- Sports massage – geared toward the specific needs of athletes who push their bodies during training and competition. The area(s) of focus depend on your sport, and are designed to alleviate stress or injury from repetitive or aggressive movements and high strain.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Massage Therapists
We strive to meet high standards when it comes to your chiropractic and massage service in SLC. Make your appointment today and see why so many people come to Apollo Chiropractic for Massage Therapy. Because it’s your body, and only the best treatment is acceptable. Start your journey to recovery by visiting our massage therapist in Salt Lake City. Call today and schedule your appointment – (801) 685-2862.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Yes, during all massage therapy sessions you will be fully draped (covered) at all times, with only the area that the therapist is working on exposed. Prior to your massage the therapist will leave you in a private room to undress to your level of comfort. During the massage your massage therapist will keep you covered, comfortable, and warm the entire time.
A: The recommended frequency of your massages is determined by several factors, including your diagnosis and treatment plan. Some people will benefit from having massage more often, while others may be able to get massages less often. Your chiropractor will discuss your specific situation and work with you to determine how often you should get a massage for the maximum therapeutic benefits.
A: Utah requires that massage therapists in Salt Lake City must be licensed in order to perform massage therapy. Licensing is the strictest form of regulation for the massage therapy profession, requiring that a person complete specific educational courses through an accredited program, and a certain number of training hours. It is more advanced than a massage certificate.
A: It is generally safe for a woman to get a massage when she is pregnant, but there are some important things to know before you decide if it’s best for you. In general, massage is useful for improving overall health, reducing stress, and relieving tension or aches and pains that come with pregnancy. It may also help regulate hormones, reduce swelling (edema) in the joints, and reduce sciatic nerve pain common during pregnancy. However, not all massage therapists specialize in prenatal massage, so it’s important to find a therapist who is certified in this area.
Due to the heightened risk of miscarriage in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, some massage therapists will not perform massages during the first trimester. Women who have other high-risk pregnancy conditions, such as hypertension, preeclampsia, history of pre-term labor, severe swelling, or severe headaches should talk to an OB/GYN or family doctor before you receive a massage to discuss the risks and determine if it’s right for you.